For Josh's 5th birthday, I convinced my dad to get the Bees suite and take the whole family along. It was Armed Forces night, I couldn't resist having my picture taken with the giant Air Force guy. People around me thought I was crazy----or at least they were looking at me like I was---since mostly only small children came up to Ricky Recruiter.


As you can see, I brought along my dog Tanner.

Joshua got to go down on the field before the game started. They gave him a ball and while he was in the dugout he got most of the Bees players to sign it for him. His grin was sooooo huge. He was so excited. I don't think I've ever seen a happier little kid.

The suite was all decorated for the birthday with balloons, hats, whistles. It was great. There were fireworks that night which Josh was convinced were for his birthday---he even started singing Happy Birthday when the show started. At the end of the night he proclaimed "This is the best day of my life!" Oh if we could all be so satisfied with the small joys, and all have Josh's exurberance for life.

1 comment:
How fun! Have you got the connections or what? Maybe you should become a party planner ;)
Post a Comment