Saturday, July 12, 2008

Houston, we have grass!!!!

When Ryan and I bought our house it didn't have a yard. Had I known the pain it would be to put in a yard, I would have insisted on a house with an existing yard (and a 3 car garage--but that's a different issue). After living in our house for a little over a year, we decided it was time to finally do something with our dirt and weeds. I think our neighbors were glad to finally have all our weeds cleared out. After our vacations we got started on all the work---luckily we have nice family and friends that helped us out. I couldn't believe how much work went into preparing the dirt for the sod. WAY more work than I ever want to do again, EVER. At our sod party, Tanner kept using a magnifying glass to look for bugs--he was lots of help. We did get to run in the sprinklers after :D Our yard looks beautiful. THANKS for the help. Ryan's parents gave us some trees for our birthdays which really helped make our yard look nice.



No comments: